Article 1 (Name)
Article 2 (Business registration)
National Tax Service of Republic of Korea 「493-92-00207」
Article 3 (Purpose)
J-Institute aims to contribute to the globalization of local researchers by increasing international visibility into academic achievements of researchers from Northeast Asia.
Article 4 (Office)
The office will be the location of the operators belonging to the Republic of Korea. However, when the need is recognized for the purposes of 「Article 3」 here above, the overseas branches shall be established in Northeast Asian countries to handle the necessary work.
Article 5 (Business)
In order to accomplish the purpose of 「Article 3」 J-Institute conducts the following businesses.
- Publication of journals
- Holding academic research presentations and lectures
- Exchanges and solidarity with academic research institutions
- Other businesses required to accomplish the purpose
Chapter 2 Membership
Article 6 (Qualification)
The members of J-Institute shall be researchers of universities and equivalent research societies who have completed their admission procedures as follows.
- Application for admission
- Payment of membership fees set by J-Institute.
Article 7 (Membership type)
The membership types of J-Institute are as follows.
- 「Lifetime member」 is selected based on the member’s research capabilities and remain eligible for the lifetime
- 「Family member」 is selected based on the member’s research capabilities and remain eligible for the year
- 「Hope member」 is selected based on the member’s research capabilities and remain eligible for the year, Approval by J-Institute required.
Article 8 (Rights)
Members of J-Institute may participate in all journals published by J-Institute.
- International Journal of Crisis & Safety
- International Journal of Protection, Security & Investigation
- International Journal of Martial Arts
- International Journal of Police and Policing
- International Journal of Terrorism & National Security
- International Journal of Military Affairs
- International Journal of Human & Disaster
- Public Value
- Robotics & AI Ethics
Article 9 (Withdrawal)
If one wishes to leave J-Institute, one can withdraw by submitting a withdrawal form.
Article 10 (Disciplinary action)
J-Institute may take disciplinary action against its member based on 「Research Ethics」.
Chapter 3 Operation
Article 11 (Organization)
The operation is divided into headquarters and its branches.
- Headquarters: Chairman and executive office
- Branch: International society operators and executives
Article 12 (Selection)
The selection of the operator of the branch is as follows.
- The creation of operating rights through the establishment of a branch
- Transfer of authority from the founder or operator of the branch
- Granting new authority due to the resignation and dismissal of the founder or operator of the branch
Article 13 (Authority)
The operator of the branch has continued authority without imposing a limit on the period of the branch operation.
Article 14 (Duty)
The operator of the branch shall form an executive body to carry out the business in 「Article 5」 in accordance with 「Paper Contribution」 「Article Editing」 and 「Research Ethics」.
Article 15 (Dismissal)
The reasons for the dismissal of the operator of the branch are as follows.
- In case the branch operator has conveyed his/her intention to resign
- In case the branch operator has transferred the authority to another person
- In case the branch operator fails to fulfil its obligations under 「Article 5」
Article 16 (Branch type)
The types of the branch are as follows.
- International Society for Crisis & Safety
- International Society for Protective Security
- International Society for Martial Arts
- International Society for Kinesiology
- International Society for Police Science
- International Society for Terrorism & National Security
- International Society for Military Affairs
- International Society for Human & Disaster
- International Society for Public Value
- International Society for Robotics & AI Ethics
Chapter 4 Executives
Article 17 (Constitution)
The organization of executives consists of one president, seven chairperson, two editor in director, and 30 editor in administrator, and can have an adviser and the vice president who assist the president.
Article 18 (Selection and appointment)
The executives shall be selected by the operator of the branch and appointed by headquarters chairman. The following regulations are the exceptions.
- The president shall be elected by vote of the chairperson of the branches and appointed by headquarters chairman. However, if a problem arises in this election, the president will be elected by expanding the election to all members who have contributed papers to the journals of the relevant year.
- The chairperson of the branches shall be selected by the president and appointed by headquarters chairman after obtaining consent from the branch operators. However, the editor in chief shall serve a term of three years and the term is guaranteed as long as there is no problem with the progress of businesses under 「Article 5」.
Article 19 (President)
President shall on behalf of the branches supervise businesses under 「Article 5」 according to 「Article 3」 and collect the opinions of the advisor and vice president.
Article 20 (Editor in chief)
Editor in chief shall perform his/her duty based on the 「Paper Contribution」,「Article Editing」 and 「Research Ethics」 and may be assisted by the editor in director and editor in administrator.
Article 21 (Chairperson)
The duty of each Chairperson are as follows.
- The editor in chief shall supervise the work on the review of papers.
- The general affairs chairperson shall supervise the expenses for publication of the journals, collection of membership fees, and payment of screening fees.
- The research chairperson shall supervise the work on the hosting of academic conferences.
- The intelligence chairperson shall oversee the collection of foreign academic information.
- The management chairperson shall supervise the selection of the Article Award.
- The planning chairperson shall supervise talent acquisition.
- The international chairperson shall supervise external cooperation and public relations.
Article 22 (Term)
The terms of the executives are as follows.
- The term of office of all executives shall be one year, but may be re-elected.
- The term of an executive shall be from January 1 to the end of that year, and the term of an executive appointed due to vacancies shall be the remaining period of his/her predecessor.
- The term of the editor in chief shall be three years, but may be re-elected.
Article 23 (Pay)
In principle, the executive shall not be paid except for the expenses for the review of manuscripts and papers. However, the actual expenses required for performing the work may be reimbursed, and the provision for payment or reimbursement of these expenses shall be set out separately.
Chapter 5 Awards
Article 24 (Title)
The awards presented by J-Institute are as follows.
- Academic Excellence Best Article Award.
- Human Policy Article Award.
- Peaceful Knowledge Article Award.
Article 25 (Purpose)
The awards of J-Institute aim to contribute to the promotion of academic activities and research development by objectively assessing the academic value of researchers based on 「Article 2」 of 「Research Ethics」.
Article 26 (Qualification)
The subjects of the awards are as follows.
- Members of J-Institute
- Authors of papers published by J-Institute after review and assessment
Article 27 (Selection)
The awards presented by the J-Institute are selected by votes from the chairperson of the branch. However, the following provisions shall be met.
- In accordance with 「Article 3」 Purpose
- In accordance with 「Paper Contribution」,「Article Editing」 and 「Research Ethics」
Article 28 (Cycle)
In principle, the selection of awards given by J-Institute shall be once per annum based on the selection of journals.
Chapter 6 General Meeting
Article 29 (Division and convening)
The general meeting of J-Institute is divided into regular and extraordinary sessions, which are convened every December by the chairman of J-Institute. An extraordinary session shall be convened in the following cases.
- Requested by three or more branch operators
- Requested by one third or more of lifetime members
- Requested by one third or more of all members
Article 30 (Process)
The chairman of J-Institute shall specify the purpose, date, and place of the meeting 10 days before the convening of the general meeting and notify the members in writing.
Article 31 (Voting items)
The General meeting shall vote on the following.
- Revision of the articles of association
- Appointment and dismissal of the operator
- Approval of business plans
- Other important matters
Article 32 (Quorum)
The general meeting shall open with at least one tenth of the members present and shall vote with the approval of a majority of the members present. However, if a member fails to attend the general meeting, he/she may delegate it to the chairman of J-Institute.
Chapter 7 Accounting
Article 33 (Financial resources)
The expenses of J-Institute shall be covered by the following resources.
- Profit from 「Article 5」 Business
Article 34 (Fiscal year)
Fiscal year of J-Institute shall be based on January 1st to December 31st every year.
Chapter 8 Executive Office
Article 35 (Purpose)
J-Institute operates the executive office for efficient handling of the branch’s affairs and performs all of its duty according to the decision of its chairman.
Article 36 (Function)
The executive office of the J-Institute may handle business beyond the provisions of the articles of incorporation in order to efficiently process business for the purposes of 「Article 5」 and has the power to make final decisions on all business related to J-Institute.
Article 37 (Work)
The executive office of J-Institute shall be responsible for work related to the following.
- Issuing certificates
- Proofreading manuscripts
- Overseas affairs
Article 1 (Date of enactment)
These articles of association take effect on June 23, 2015.
Branch Operator & Executive Office
|2015||Dr. Sunggu Jo
|International Journal of Crisis & Safety
Robotics & AI Ethics
International Journal of Police and Policing
|2015||Dr. Hongje Cho
|International Journal of Military Affairs|
|Dr. Yuseok Lim
|International Journal of Terrorism & National Security|
|2020||Dr. Jusik Park
|International Journal of Martial Arts|
|Dr. Yeojin Lim
|International Journal of Human & Disaster|
|Dr. Jaebum Lee
|International Journal of Protection, Security & Investigation|
|2015||Dr. Sunggu Jo||Communication|
|2015||Dr. Megumi Ogata||ISSN|
|2016||Dr. Soonja Choi||Tax & Accounting|
|2016||Dr. Hyunsup Choi||Citation Index & Impact Factor|
|2018||Dr. Hyejeong Shin||Manuscript Professional Edit|
|2019||Dr. Jiwoon Kim||Web Design & Engineer|